"Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere." Chinese Proverb
Professional Development is an ongoing process that should continue throughout one's career. It’s necessary to stay up to date on the latest trends and information in your field and in the professional world in general in order to remain capable and competent in your position.
Certain professions require continuing education for individuals to remain licensed, certified, or to maintain membership in a professional association or licensing body. Many professional associations encourage their members to keep up with the current principles and learnings by participating in specified additional training within specified time limits. Whether it is required or not, continuing education is important for career satisfaction and may even lead to opportunities for career advancement.
Many professionals find that online learning is a perfect fit for them and their development needs. Why?
Online learning provides:
1. Flexibility and convenience. Online learning can be done from your office or home at your own pace. In this flexible learning environment (wherever, whenever), you set the pace. Open scheduling also allows you to take the courses you need whenever it best suits you and your schedule.
2. Networking opportunities. Online courses allow you the opportunity to network with your peers all over the country. In addition to connecting with course mentors via email or chat features to address concerns or questions, an online student center gives you the opportunity to interact with other students through discussion boards, etc.
3. Unlimited access to your courses. Online courses allow access to information 24/7, 365 days a year. You simply need a good internet connection and you are ready.
4. The opportunity to learn from the best. Look for courses developed by industry professionals with extensive knowledge and expertise in your area of study.
5. The latest information at your fingertips. For those who want to stay informed about changes in the business world or who are perhaps exploring moving to a new career; there is no better way to get up to date on current trends and information. If you are currently out of the work force; taking online courses can show prospective employers that you have continued to stay informed and current in your field.
We are continuously adding to Ed4Career’s course catalog in order to give professionals the information they need to keep their skills and knowledge relevant. Ed4Career is a wonderful resource for all of your online learning needs. Continue learning with Ed4Career!